STARRY, STARRY NIGHT
BENEFIT FOR STS PLAYHOUSE
May 27, 2017
6:30 pm at the Phoenicia Diner, 8:30 pm at the Playhouse
The event features:
- A pre-show cocktail hour and silent auction at the Phoenicia Diner
- Readings from one-act plays plus a Q&A session with these stage and screen stars:
- Boyd Gaines: Contact, four-time Tony Award winner
- Byron Jennings: Boardwalk Empire
- Robert Emmet Lunney: Fox TV's The Exorcist
- Jan Maxwell: Follies, Drama Desk Award winner and five-time Tony Award nomine
- Carolyn McCormick: Drama Desk Award winner/Equus and Private Lives
- Kathleen McNenny: Law and Order
- Ellen Parker: Guiding Light
- Gemma Clarke Sands: Damage
- Stark Sands: two-time Tony Award nominee for Kinky Boots and Journey’s End.
Each ticket also includes:
- One-year membership to STS
- One ticket to the 4 shows in our 2017-2018 season
- Two Tickets to Prelude to a Kiss opening May 5, 2016
The Emerson Resort & Spa is also offering a special Starry Starry Night in Phoenicia weekend package that includes a discounted 2-night stay and tickets to the event. Learn more.
Coming up at the Playhouse:
Prelude to a Kiss
by Craig Lucas
Directed by Michael Koegel
Starring: Victoria McCarthy, Matthew Santiago and Farrell Reynolds
Performance Dates: May 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21 Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 2. Tickets are $20, Seniors, students, and members $18.
Peter and Rita are two young, happy lovers who are getting married. On their wedding day, after their nuptial kiss, an old man comes up to kiss the bride. During this kiss, their souls exchange, and the young, beautiful woman Peter just married now houses the soul of a dying, old man. On their honeymoon, Peter starts to notice that something's not quite right. When he discovers the
truth, he confronts the old man, who now holds Rita's soul. Peter struggles with the notion that this is his young bride, and he works feverishly to put the souls back in their original bodies. At the same time, he realizes that he loves who Rita is, no matter how she is packaged.
The Wedding Singer
by Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin
Directed by Victoria McCarthy
Performance Dates: July 7, 8, 9. 14, 15, 16. 21, 22, 23. Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 2. Tickets are $20, Seniors, students, and members $18.
It's 1985, and rock star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey's favorite wedding singer. He's the life of the party until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and, unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.